Here are a few Business of Diving Institute recommendations on management books to help you successfully operate a dive business and build your career in the scuba diving industry.
Even superheroes read!
1. Dive Industry Specific Management Books
- The Business of Diving: A Guide to Success in the Recreational Dive Industry by PADI (1995)
- Scubanomics: The Business of Diving 2020 (coming at the end of 2019)
2. General Management Books
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
- Blue Ocean Shift: Beyond Competing – Proven Steps to Inspire Confidence and Seize New Growth
- SwitchPoints: Culture Change on the Fast Track to Business Success
- Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors by Porter
- Understanding Michael Porter: The Essential Guide to Competition and Strategy
- Rise and Fall of Strategic Planning by Mintzberg
- Principles of Marketing by Kotler
- The Pig That Flew: The Battle to Privatize Canadian National
- Winning at New Products: Creating Value Through Innovation
- Zero-Base Budgeting: A Practical Management Tool for Evaluating Expenses
3. What’s Next?
If you need help developing business and marketing plans after reading these management books – or if you don’t have time to read them – contact us. We’re here to help.
Looking For More Personalized Help?
For more extensive one-on-one support, please consult the section on the Business of Diving Institute Products & Services.